Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bye Seville, Hello little town

Eric and I arrived in our town San Roque on Saturday afternoon and had some time to walk around and explore before it got dark. First impressions: small, but absolutely beautiful. The whole town is on a hill and consists of little white washed houses and buildings, trees, parks and grass. We have officially left the desert! The town will basically give me the cultural experience I was looking for - everyone speaks Spanish, no English, its small, isolated, but the transportation to surrounding areas is really good.

Eric and I took a quick trip to the adjacent town La Linea today, which is also the town that borders Gibraltar. We had considered living there, but after visiting decided that it's probably not as safe and isn't nearly as beautiful as San Roque, despite it's beach appeal. It's pretty cool to be so close to Gibraltar, a mere 15 minutes away. Its defiantly a site to see, a big rock in the middle of the water.

And we ate chinese food for dinner tonight!!!! We were skeptical but the food was really really delicious. Good to know I can find a little piece of home at a Chinese restaurant. The spring rolls were humongous, twice the size of the ones in the US, practically a meal on its own. Definitely going back there for some carry out. It beats Hunan I'm sorry to say.

2 comments:

  1. Better than Hunan! That's saying a lot! You should expect me on a train in 2 days... hahah

    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. um it was so good that I had it again tonight...gambas y verduras is yum yum!

    ReplyDelete