Tuesday, October 19, 2010

China Bazar

Our small town has exactly one shoe store, one grocery store, one Indian restaurant/pizza/sub shop, and exactly 3 China Bazars, at least that we know of.

Why does one small town need 3 China Bazars, that essentially sell the same thing, junk? Because although the stores have the same junk, some junk has proven to be better than other junk, like magnets for example.

At the first Bazar I went to, when I asked for magnets, the owner brought me crazy oval shaped toys that you can throw in the air to make rattle snake noises. These "magnets" are more commonly recognized as the annoying items gypsies try to sell you on the streets of major European cities in front of major tourist attractions, like the Trevi Fountain in Rome. I bought the magnets even though they are really weird, and yes, they do work. But who the heck wants weird rattle snake magnets?

So with every new China Bazar I found I looked for magnets. But it wasn't until I stumbled upon this third Bazar and hopefully the last one in this town, that I found actual "put on your fridge" magnets. It was another small victory. I now own magnets, real ones. And Devin and the babies are currently on my fridge, along with a drawing a little Spanish girl made me. Some junk is better than other junk...

Anyway, I am so obsessed with the absurdity of these Bazars that I decided to take a few pictures to help everyone else see what I'm talking about:

Knives for sale, just sitting in a bin, on the FLOOR. 

Stuffed shelves of tupperware, any kind of kitchen/eating thing you can think of, including coffee makers and casserole dishes (I bought one)

Women's panties, sheets, table cloths, comforters and fleece blankets...

Ash trays, trash cans, lamp shades, mugs, rugs, fake plants (in back)...

Yes, that bag does say "Pirate Love Betty Boop". And there are suitcases and foot massage cushions for sale right next to each other. Literally bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment